Electronics Projects, Voltage Controlled Oscillator Circuit VCO article
"audio control circuits, " tagged with
Voltage controlled oscillator (VCO) LF442, TL082 op-amp based on the operating voltage of + -12 volts dc symmetrical sine, square wave with frequency adjustment on the sound effects can be created.
* Octave control voltage 1V
* 4 octave 1V control voltage inputs.
* 1 linear control voltage input.
* Fixed sync input.
* Rectangular waves can be set between 10% and 90%
* Frequency range 20kHz sub-audible ultra-sonic (about 0.1 hertz)
* +12 V supply 23mA current consumption.
VCO circuit sample sounds
Source: musicfromouterspace.com Alternative link: voltage-controlled-oscillator-circuit-vco.RAR
What is VCO ?
voltage-controlled-oscillator or VCO is an electronic oscillator whose oscillation frequency is controlled by a voltage input. The applied input voltage determines the instantaneous oscillation frequency. Consequently, modulating signals applied to control input may cause frequency modulation (FM) or phase modulation (PM). A VCO may also be part of a phase-locked loop.